WELCOME

WELCOME
A blog by Nikki Dudley about the gaps in everyday life...

SHARE MY BLOG ON TWITTER

Sunday, 2 March 2014

UKYA April Extravaganza!

Hi all,

In April, the website UKYA, who promote young adult books set in the UK, are doing a special event! Details are yet to be revealed but it's being called April Extravaganza!

As part of this event, myself and other bloggers are being asked to post a blog on April 19th. In preparation for this, I'm going to be writing about my favourite YA books and my thoughts about YA in the build up to this day.

To start things off, I'm going to list my top twelve favourite YA books or series (if it's too hard to choose one of the series!) Let me know if you agree or if you can recommend others for me!

1) Noughts and Crosses trilogy by Malorie Blackman
2) Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness
3) Unwind trilogy by Neal Shusterman
4) The Fault in our Stars by John Green
5) Entangled by Cat Clarke
6) The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
7) I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga
8) Berserk by Ally Kennen
9) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
10) Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
11) Northern Lights by Philip Pullman
12) I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

Okay, that was tough, and I have a lot more I could add! In the coming month or so, I'll put up some reviews and more thoughts about YA. For now, join the conversation! And support YA, some of the best writing out there today!

Find out more about UKYA at: http://projectukya.blogspot.co.uk/

Join the conversation on Twitter or Facebook with hashtags #AprilExtravaganza and #UKYADay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog