WELCOME

WELCOME
A blog by Nikki Dudley about the gaps in everyday life...

SHARE MY BLOG ON TWITTER

Monday, 26 April 2010

Publication day!


"Right on time," Daniel Mansen mouths to Alice as she pushes him to his death. Haunted by these words, Alice becomes obsessed with discovering how a man she didn't know could predict her actions. On the day of the funeral, Daniel's cousin, Thom, finds a piece of paper in Daniel's room detailing the exact time and place of his death.

As Thom and Alice both search for answers, they become knotted together in a story of obsession, hidden truths and the gaps in everyday life that can destroy or save a person.

Ellipsis is a disturbing thriller stemming from what is left unsaid, what bounces around in the mind and evaporates when trying to remember. Can there be a conclusion when no-one seems to know the truth?




So today is the big day. April 26th 2010 is the day my first novel is officially released. I'm feeling a few things...

a)
a sense of achievement. Even if this doesn't go as well as I might hope, I've still had a novel published before the age of 25. Not to be sniffed at...

b)
nervous. Ellipsis isn't really mine anymore. It belongs to the readers now and I can only hope they enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it.

c)
thankful. My friends and family have been amazing. As well as that, some people I don't even know or hardly know have been supporting Ellipsis.

When I read a good book, I get so absorbed that I forget time and think about what might happen when I'm forced to do other things. It's a tall order but I hope someone feels that way about Ellipsis.

Well, let the feedback begin...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog